Monday, January 4, 2010

public encouragement

The other morning on my way out, I came across this new banner hung up by Seocho-gu neighborhood authority in the back entrance to my apartment complex.


rough translation: "be the first to smile, be the first to say hello"

Now there used to be a period of time in my immature life when I thought stuff like this was dull, stupid, and lame, but now that I'm more adult, I can't help but appreciate the message and smile every time I pass the banner and read its message. I was wondering if I had ever seen anything like this the states as I was hoping to have one of those "only in Korea" moments. While I guess I do remember the bright pink D.A.R.E. program and other billboard messages, it was definitely something nice to come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment