Monday, March 29, 2010

Battle of the Battery Bunnies

I was reminded while watching some Saturday night television of the epic 'battery bunny.'

Coming from the U.S., I was very confused when I first saw a Duracell commercial here in Korea. In the states, we only have one battery bunny: the Energizer Battery Bunny - an ugly looking bright pink bunny who beats his drum and wears a pair of Men in Black shades.

Now I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw this:


Turns out, the Duracell Battery Bunny actually is the OG (original) and precursor to any battery associated with bunnies. I much rather prefer the Duracell pink compared to the Energizer pink (yes, they are different!) and the rabbit itself it much cuter. In fact, the Energizer battery is actually supposed to be "mocking" the Durcall battery bunny. To make things a tad more interesting, most people in Korea are not familiar with the Energizer battery bunny at all, as is the case in most countries other than the U.S.

Speaking of batteries, here's a bous. Some have asked about a frequently flashed logo I like to use:


He's the old logo for the Korean brand of batteries known as "Rocket."

No comments:

Post a Comment